6th Green Film Network Award
In the city of Seia in Portugal, CineEco house the International Festival of Environmental Cinema in Portugal that this year celebrates its 25th edition, the 6th Green Film Network Award will take place.
15 members of the Green Film Network, the most important network of Environmental Film festivals in the world selected a film from its last edition so that jurors located in different countries choose what will be the best Environmental Cinema film in the world.
26 films compete in the categories of Best Short Film and Best International Feature, Spain, Austria, Argentina, Russia, Hungary, Canada, Brazil, Japan, France, Portugal, United States, Mexico and Switzerland are the countries that are competing to bring the Laurel to their selected Film.
The finalists for Best feature film for the Green Film Award 2019 are:
- THE HUMAN ELEMENT by Matthew Testa nominated for San Francisco Green Film Festival
- YOUTH UNSTOPPABLE of Slater Jewell-Kemker nominated by FINCA from Argentina and Planet in Focus from Canada
- GOLDEN FISH, African Fish by Thomas Grand and Moussa Diop nominated by GREEN IMAGE FILM FESTIVAL, Japan
- SPEARS FROM ALL SIDES by Christopher Walker nominated for FREDD Festival, France
- GHOST FLEET OF SHANNON SERVICE, Jeffrey Waldron, nominated by Cinema Planeta, Mexico.
The finalists for Best Short Film Green Film Network 2019 are:
- INVISIBLE BLANKET by Pasha Reshikov, nominated for San Francisco Green Film Festival
- WIÑOY XIPANTV, ANOTHER TURN ROUND THE SUN by Vacabonsai Audiovisual Collective, nominated by FINCA from Argentina
- NUUCA by Michelle Latimer nominated by Planet in Focus from Canada
- LOST WORLD by Kalyanee Mam nominated for The Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital from USA.
The announcement of the winners will be given on September 21st. during the presentation of the contents of the 25 edition of CineEco in Portugal.